Madonna’s done another dumb thing alert!
Just a day after the Navy Yard shooting in Washington DC where 12 people were shot, the aging Material Girl thought it’d be a good and tasteful idea to release a photograph of herself brandishing a gun. The image was released to promote her short film ‘SecretProjectRevolution’ which, from what we’ve gathered from the press release, is a self-indulgent load of old tosh. Much like the “director” herself then.
As well as producing stupid things (that no-one cares about), Madonna also likes to spout stupid things, and here’s a list of our personal highlights…
“One of the biggest problems in the world right now is nuclear waste… That’s something I’ve been involved in for a while with a group of scientists – finding a way to neutralise radiation.”
– Wanna know what Madonna ‘Marie Curie’ Ciccone’s master plan was for solving the world’s nuclear waste problems? She was planning to use “Kabbalah fluid.”
“People spend $300 on crazy things all the time – things like handbags. So work all year, scrape the money together, and come to my show. I’m worth it.”
– Of course! Because with unemployment rates increasing and a seemingly never-ending recession, everyone should use the little money they have on a ticket to watch some crotchety old hag do yoga moves and lip-sync!
“Tom [Cruise] is a good person. I think he gets a raw deal, just as I think the orphans in Malawi get a raw deal; just as I think a lot of marginalised people get a raw deal.”
– Those Malawi orphans just don’t know how bad Oscar-nominated, multi-millionaire Tom Cruise has got it
“I won’t be happy ’til I’m as famous as God.”
“I want to be like Gandhi, and Martin Luther King, and John Lennon… but I want to stay alive.”
– Of all the people that should have been assassinated…
“When I get down on my knees, it is not to pray.”
– Bet that’s not so easy these days, eh, Madge? No, that’s not a creaky floorboard you can hear, it’s Madge’s left knee giving up